Tuesday, April 24, 2007

DAP Damansara Branch

Hurray, after waiting for some four months or so, the new DAP Damansara Branch has now been officially approved by the Registrar of Societies. The DAP Damansara is now branch "1006" in the party. I was actually hoping for 999, 1000 or 1008! ;)

For those who would like to join my branch, in which I'm currently the pro-tem committee chairman, please feel free to email me @ tonypua(at)yahoo.com. ;) Alternatively, you are also most welcome to turn up at our branch meeting next Thursday evening.

Date: 3rd May 2007 (Thursday)
Time: 7.00 pm
Venue: DAP Damansara Community & Service Centre @ Uptown (55M Jalan SS21/1A, Damansara Utama 47400 Petaling Jaya)

We plan for DAP Damansara to be an active branch with plenty of activities to be conducted, both political and non-political ones. Non-political functions will include charity events, games and competitions, while semi-political events will include forums, voter registration exercises as well as grassroot activities.

So if you are interested in any of these at all, come join us, who are a group of relatively young professionals hoping to play our little roles in making a better Malaysia.

(DAP members from other branches are most welcome to join us for our activities as well ;))

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Congratulations & Celebrations .."

(PJ) viiskiz

Anonymous said...

OK....I will rush to Magnum and buy rm200 small and RM299 big on 1006!

Anonymous said...

"It is my wish that not too far in the near future, I will be able to retire early quite comfortably so that I will be able to devote most, if not all of my expendable time on socio-economic and political affairs."

Isn't this statement outdated?

Anonymous said...

Must be the nicest DAP branch in the country I think. Probably the best address for sure...

Anonymous said...

good luck tony. if you stand as a candidate in PJ in the coming, i will convince my wife and my in laws to vote for you.

Anonymous said...

Mr Tony, I would like to join this branch. Have send you an email to your yahoo.com acc.

Anonymous said...

Hey Tony,

Can share more about what are the commitments joining the branch? I'm really interested.

Golf Afflicted said...

Hi all,

Anon 11.49AM, yes, I've received your mail and will get back to you soon ;) Do come for the branch meeting if you can make it.

Anon 6.17pm, you are most welcome to join our branch. The commitments are really up to you actually. We'll be holding regular functions, political and non-political ones, and members of course are welcome to help during the coming general elections. ;) Drop by our meeting this Thursday to find out more.

Membership fees' only RM5 per annum or RM100 for life. ;)

Tony

Anonymous said...

Can we have the agenda for Thursday?

By the way, are there any minimum age?

Anonymous said...

yes!
The meeting is categorised as SX18.
Only those above 18 are allowed!
Parental guidance is needed for below 18 to attend

Anonymous said...

hi
both my husband and I are registered voters at our hometown. What is the easiest way to change our registration to vote in PJ? (because i think our votes will make a diff here!).. by that I mean no hassle in doing it.

Anonymous said...

I've read in a posting somewhere about a DAP Damansara Fund-raising Dinner to be held some time in December. I've on 24th November donated RM50 into the Maybank account 514196342008 to that function but unable to notify the organizers of it. Kindly notify them on my behalf. Thank you.